Staff Changes for 2019-20
The philosopher Heraclitus is famous for saying, “Life is flux.” Since he was Greek he actually said, “Panta Rhei.” You might be more familiar with, “change is the only constant.” Butler Elementary is not immune to this. We are sad to say that we will be losing two of our beloved teachers at the end of this year. For them, this is happy news and for us, not so much. Please join us in sharing your warm thoughts and gratitude with Mrs. Maldonado and Mme. Dow. Mrs. Maldonado is moving back to North Carolina to be closer to family. Mme. Dow is leaving teaching for the time being to be a full-time mom. Along with those departures there will be some staff movement within the school.
- Mrs. Marquez will replace Mrs. Maldonado as our 2nd grade DLI teacher.
- Mrs. Slater will replace Mrs. Marquez as our neighborhood 2nd grade teacher.
- Mrs. Lightel will replace Mrs. Slater as our 4th grade DLI teacher.
- Mrs. Roper will replace Mrs. Lightel as our neighborhood 4th grade teacher.
- We are in the process of filling the 1st & 3rd grade DLI positions. We anticipate completing the hiring process by the early part of April.
I understand that change can be challenging and that many of you have been looking forward to having your child in one of these teachers’ classrooms next year. Each of the teachers who is leaving and each of the teachers who is changing assignments is a highly skilled, valued member of our faculty and community. I am confident that they will excel in their new positions. Each decision was made in order to maximize the talents of every teacher with the bests interests of our students in mind. Please thank them all for their service in their current positions and welcome them to their new positions.
3:00 Techniteer Troupe Meeting
3:00 Choir Practice
7:45 Dads and Donuts
3/25 4th Grade – Water Van
3/28 Choir Practice
4/1-4/5 Spring Recess – No School