Minutes SCC Meeting
- 1.Meeting came to order and the minutes were approved by Stacie and seconded by Lisa.
- 2.We discussed the Fun Run
- a.Canyonview and Cottonwood Elementary do it now so we need to check with them.
- b.We need money for Field Trips and an Anti-bullying program
- c.Amy mentioned she didn’t think it would work too well here.
- d.Sarah mentioned we would probably only make $1000 at the most.
- e.We want to do laps not miles. Index cards would be a great way to keep track of things.
- f.If we have volunteers we could have kids even run before or after school and during lunch and have it run for 2 to 3 months.
- g.Sarah also mentioned that it would be great to end with some kind of a fitness expo. Nalene has connections and might get a really good sponsor.
- h.We should probably have some kind of visual in the lunchroom where the kids could watch the progress of each class.
- i.Lori will come to the BLT and present our ideas to them. We need teacher support for this to work well.
- j.It was mentioned that we should do a small fundraiser this year and iron out the kinks and then next year we could start it in the fall and have it go all year.
- 3.Sarah will work on getting donations from the community or we won’t have enough money for the Field Trips and Bullying program.
- 4.Lisa has norms. Christy will send them to all the SCC members and then we will discuss at the next meeting.
- 5.We need to change next months meeting. Currently it is on Valentines Day at 7:00pm. It was decided that we would hold it on Monday Feb.13th at 3:30. It was asked if we could always have it at that time. We will check with all of those on the committee as well as how good of a turnout we have on that day.
- 6.Lisa motioned we adjourn and Lori seconded it.
Those in attendance: Stacie Skelton, Lisa Devashrayee, Adriana Torres, Amy Nobis, Nalene Dunkley, Sarah Pearce, Wendy Pearson, Lori Roper, Sarah Bunker, Lori Jordan